Local Area Information
From the house you can walk to the following within 10 minutes:
- Ryde beach, which merges into Appley beach
- Ryde town with a selection of high street names and local businesses
- The swimming pool by the beach which has a retractable roof when the sun's out
- The bowling alley also by the beach
- The Commodore cinema - our favorite, cheap as chips so send the kids as often as you like!
- Ryde harbour where you can buy an ice cream from the kiosk on the beach and watch the Hovercraft coming and going. It's the only remaining commercial hovercraft service in the world (allegedly).
Further afield, the Isle of Wight is a great place for cycling, sailing, walking and photography.
The Isle of Wight tourist board has a great website